Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Oddness of Human Nature.

Update on this "Should I work?" post:

Honestly, human nature is a BIZARRE thing.  Having come to the conclusion that I would like to work (although am not in a hurry to) the following has happened:

I was telephoned about that job that I mentioned in the above post - Yes! They did still want me. They asked if I had a work visa, and I replied that I had a Residency Card and that Ministry had said I can work. Clearly something was lost in translation, because as the really nice lady on the other side of the phone informed me that this is in fact, not so.

I called the Ministry to find out what exactly the protocol is. Basically I can't get a job without a Visa and I can't get a Visa without a job offer.  It takes 3 months to get a Visa and unless it's a post that no EU citizen can fill, hell will freeze over before an employer will wait 3 months for me.

Now this is the BIZARRE part - I don't even mind NOT WORKING. I love it at home (hence my previous dilemma post), but now that I know that I probably can't work - now I am kinda the bliksem in!  (the hell in!)

What if I wake up in 1 year's time and want to work then???

Yup, Human nature... when you think you can do something, you are kind of wishy-washy about it, but tell me I can't do it??  Oh no, you don't!  How dare you tell me that I can't work!?

For now, I shall swallow my pride and accept graciously the allowance that My Man has offered me and continue to love my long forest walks, blissful days of new adventures, bird-watching and bus trips into the city with My Man.


Loving watching the birds at our feeders.

Life is good.... I really don't need to work!

* * * 

4 comments:

  1. Just enjoy it. God always goes ahead of you and the right thing will come along at the right time when all the paperwork is in place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely planning on enjoying it - it's been years since I have had the luxury of being at home, having always chosen to work. Of course, you are right, when the timing is all good... it will all come together in the end! :)

      Delete
  2. Life really has a funny way of working itself out, and giving you what you need when you need it. But human nature is defo an odd thing, I think its the same with anything, tell yourself you can't eat cake for a week, and what do you want for 7 days? cake! aai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly it! I'll want the cake! The whole cake and nothing BUT the cake!

      :D

      Delete

So, what do you think?

Reverse Culture Shock & Difficult Questions

The days are moving on and soon we will be home home. There seems to be a common thought coming through from friends there and here - Prepar...