"Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb.
It isn't something you get. It's something you do.
It's the way you love your partner every day."
(Barbara De Angelis)
Here are just a handful of ways I love doing marriage with you:
- I love how you always put family first.
- I love it that our greatest investments are in memory-making times for our family, whether it was playing board games, or swimming, or date-days or camping/ caravanning or overseas trips.
- I love that you are such a great dad, always involved and interested in Our Girls world.
- I love that you will eat anything I cook and thank me for it and say it was good. (even when I know it wasn't really) - and that you are happy to sometimes have the same meal two days in a row! (Because stew and curries are generally better on the second day anyway!)
- I love that we always choose to be with one another and put one another first
- I love that we complement one another: You are the practical /logical and I am the impetuous /passionate - and yet we have managed to rub off a little on one another!
- I love it that we know how to have fun together.
- I love that we don't subscribe to "performance roles" - I am happy to mow and change a plug and you are happy to do the dishes or sweep the floor.
- I love that we are not afraid to admit when we are wrong and apologise, and we are quick to forgive
- I love that we get excited about new adventures and don't mind taking a (calculated) risk!
- I love that we make room for each others to do the things we each love: golf, frosty beach walks, running and teaching - I love that you will come to the theatre with me even though you are "not a fan" of a lot of it!
- I love your compassion and generosity- always helping anyone in need.
- I love it that you bring me coffee every morning and I make you tea after work every afternoon.
- I love having a glass of wine and sharing stories of our days when we cook together.
- I love that we can sit together and watch sport all day and not feel bad about it! ;)
- I love that you don't care if I don't wear make up - in fact, for you ... less is best. Which suits me fine.
- I love it that we are best friends and that we have one another's backs.
- Last but not least... I love that we share the same faith in a loving, kind and just God and am thankful he always had us in his heart.
I am sure there are lots more but it's early and I need my second cup of coffee before I can (a) think straight and (b) focus my eyes (I apologise if there are typos - I will check it again later... after coffee!)