Friday, March 25, 2011

Beginner Bucket List

 
"Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans"
 ~ John Lennon ~

I like this quote - in general I believe it's true, but what about being so caught up in 'life'  that one forgets to imagine wonderful, faraway, maybe even vaguely impossible dreams of things that you would love to do in this life?

Planning for our trip reminded me that I am about to cross off the No.1 thing on my Bucket List.  I really enjoyed that movie and it’s made me consider what will my New No. 1 be and what about a Top 10?
   
                   Live. Dream. Plan.

·         See the Northern Lights (tick, hopefully!)

1.       Walk along the Great Wall of China
2.       Watch the running of the Bulls in Pamplona
3.       Go to an opera in Italy
4.       Read Tolstoy’s “War and Peace
5.       Visit the Buddhist monks of Tibet and their tigers.
6.       Sleep in a Bedouin tent. Watch sun rise/set over the desert.   
7.         Make a decent snowman in real snow
8.       Go to Oberammergau
9.       Try to be more organised...(nah, maybe not)
10.     Have a meditational weekend in an old monastery somewhere in the mountains of Spain.

I know that this list may change since I’ve only given it 30min of thought!
I’m OK with that.  ...
What's on yours?
Peace.

4 comments:

  1. For number six, you need to come to Dubai! You should at least try and get that done while I'm still here! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea! Then we get to do it with you guys too! BONUS! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea...I am going to think about that bucket list and make one too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you may have noticed that just about everything has got to do with travelling?

    So.
    Bucket List for lg:-
    Travel; travel; travel.
    And while travelling, do these things :-)

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?

Reverse Culture Shock & Difficult Questions

The days are moving on and soon we will be home home. There seems to be a common thought coming through from friends there and here - Prepar...