Wednesday, June 4, 2014

First City Run

This morning I had to go and collect our newly converted Drivers Licences and decided to go and have a solo run in the city on the way home.  The weather was grey, a light drizzle and, in my view, perfect!

It was lovely. I had intended it to be a quickie because I knew I needed to take the hounds out later too. However, it was just one of those days where it felt effortless. I wondered why I should stop if I still felt good, so I just kept going, and I would have gone longer had it not begun bucketing down!  My face was as red as a tomato (as usual!) but I felt as though I could have gone on much longer.

It was lekker to see other runners, nod and smile and move on - all of us enjoying the early-ish morning. People walking their dogs, construction guys busy at the bridge - lots of activity everywhere.

Here are some of the paths from today's run. I did take all the pics, but not today - maybe this will explain why I didn't want to stop - it was just very pretty.  
I still prefer the trails of the forest.... definitely! May not be as fast, but speed is not the point in the forest...

I did clock up a new personal best! I can't be too happy about it though, because tar is so much quicker than trail and the trails are much more "hilly'.



* * * 

4 comments:

  1. Well done...your time is good. You live in such a beautiful part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is beautiful... but so is SA. I wish I had run more there before we came over. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow...10km in an hour...that's excellento!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am kind of new to the whole "map & time your run" thing - so it's fun to try something new.

      Delete

So, what do you think?

Reverse Culture Shock & Difficult Questions

The days are moving on and soon we will be home home. There seems to be a common thought coming through from friends there and here - Prepar...