Thursday, January 30, 2020

MIKA - AT LAST!


Anticipation
counting down months
weeks
days
hours.

Look at my calendar
Is it time yet?

It's here!
The moment, the hour, the day.

Comfortable shoes.
That's what's needed.
Nothing else matters.
Don't miss the bus.
Don't miss the train.
Don't forget to breathe.

A small drink
Some excited dinner chatter
Look at my watch
Is it time yet?

Long queues,
Languages I can't understand
I don't mind.
It's today.
It's finally here.
I look at my watch
How much longer?

Squeezing in,
bags are searched,
get another drink,
find a spot,
wait through the opening act.
Look at my watch
Is it time yet?

Hugged by crowds
shrugged by crowds
jumping, dancing, singing, laughing,
feeling fully alive,
feeling properly happy.

Afternoon blues
It came. It went. All in a flash.
On a high all day.
Hit the ground with a thud.
When last did I feel so "properly alive"?
"I'm content" I always say.

Content.
It's a safe place.
Not unhappy.
Not fully happy.
Just satisfied.
Content.

I look at my calendar....
when will I feel "properly alive" again?

* * * *




No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?

Reverse Culture Shock & Difficult Questions

The days are moving on and soon we will be home home. There seems to be a common thought coming through from friends there and here - Prepar...