Today a year ago we arrived in Luxembourg. It was just the beginning of what has been thee most amazing time where I have learnt so much about myself that I probably would never have known had we not taken the leap.
I had in my my mind to blog things that I felt / thought over this year - however, I came across this blog post and it really just said everything far better than I ever could.
I have copied the article, written by Angie Castells word for word just to make it easier - but you can find it here with all the pics.
So, except for #7, (I don't know if I will ever master this, because I see everyone as a possible life-long friend!), and the fact that we live in Luxembourg and not Edinburgh - this speaks loud and clear for me too. It's long-ish, but I didn't want to edit it, because it is so beautifully written....
* * *
17 Things that Change Forever when you Live Abroad....
1. Adrenalin becomes part of your life.
3. You lack the (and yet you have too many) words.
4. You come to understand that courage is overrated.
5. And, suddenly, you’re free.
6. You no longer speak one particular language.
7. You learn to say goodbye… and to enjoy yourself.
8. You have two of everything.
9. Normal? What’s normal?
10. You become a tourist in your own city.
11. You learn how to be patient… and how to ask for help.
12. Time is measured in tiny little moments.
13. Nostalgia strikes when you least expect it.
14. But you know it’s not where, but when and how.
15. You change.
16. You fit your home into a suitcase.
Again, you can find her complete post here with all the pics.
* * *