It's been ages since I posted and I should write "something". You'd think that I would have learnt by now that "should" is never a good reason for anything. Nothing like guilt and obligation to kill one completely.
This year has been difficult. I miss my SIL at various events, but especially missed her this Christmas.
Random Holiday Happenings:
- Having My Man on leave - always good.
- Going to spend some very chilled days with my folks who stay a couple of hours away from here in a quiet, yet surprisingly active town. We arrived and didn't get back into our car until we left. We read, swam, slept late and ate abundantly. It was a break we both needed.
- Seeing 'old' friends. I have had breakfast with school friends, some of whom I have not seen for 25 years, met up with friends from up country that I haven't seen for about 10 years, as well as lots of dinners, braai's and other fun stuff with local friends.
- My long-time friend arrived from Aus with her 9-month old whom I got to meet for the first time. That was special!
- I have tickets to cricket next week - so looking forward to that!
Lots of cricket happening all over the show. It's definately SUMMER!